Vacant position: Are you our new Project manager?
Do you have experience from EU projects and identify yourself as a driven and ambitious person? We are now looking for a project manager to strengthen our international projects team.
The project manager will be responsible for and will be supporting the daily implementation and management of three ongoing EU projects, work packages and tasks including supporting tasks related to project activity dissemination, communication and exploitation/replication activities.
The candidate is also expected to support with writing new project proposals and additional funding opportunities.
- Monitoring the overall progress regarding milestones and deliverables
- Operationalisation and timing of all activities in the projects
- Identification of any unanticipated risks
- Acting as the centre of communication between internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure the proper level of co-ordination and co-operation among the project activities
- Champion the preparation of deliverables
- Preparation of the technical interim and final reports
- Being responsible for DigitalNorway relevant data management
- Ensuring the timely submission of financial reports
- Developing partnerships for proposals
Necessary Skills and Qualifications:
- University degree, Sound scientific background: degree in a relevant field (AI, Robotics, engineering, etc. preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in EU project proposal and management / business development
- Exceptional organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with dynamic and diverse staff
- High level of resilience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in English
- Able to work efficiently, independently with minimal supervision
- Flexible to travel as required for the job
- Rigorous and able to meet deadlines and priorities
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- International experience or international exposure to best practices in project management
- Experience/knowledge in PM processes and open source PM tools
- Experience/knowledge in principles and techniques of EU projects planning
- Experience/knowledge in international grant application and bid management processes
- Experience/knowledge in non-academic collaborations and knowledge transfer activities
What we offer:
- A dynamic work environment in a small and highly motivated team
- Offices in the recently opened D2 section of the Research Park in Oslo
- Opportunity to develop and implement projects and initiatives in collaboration with DigitalNorway’s national network and international partners
- Work in an international project at the forefront of ICT innovation
- Access to a broad national and international digital innovation network
- A chance to build synergies with other activities within DigitalNorway
- The position is initially for 2 years as per the EU project duration, with a possibility of continuation dependent on progress/funding
- Competitive remuneration package, commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience
- Access to the international network of the DigitalNorway and its partners
How to apply?
To apply, please send a single PDF file containing a letter of motivation, a CV (max. 2-page) and the names and contact information of 2 references to Pavan Sriram.
Application deadline: 9 December.
If you do not wish that we contact current or past employers, please state so and explain the reasons in your letter of motivation. All applications will be treated confidentially and by respecting the privacy of the candidate. Applications that do not meet the deadline will be excluded. The outcome of the selection process is incontestable.
For more information on the process or if you would like to know more about the Project Manager position, please contact Pavan Sriram, Head of International Projects.
DigitalNorway is an industry-driven initiative to increase the competitiveness of Norwegian businesses through digitalization. We build networks across companies and across industries, we deliver services and products to SMEs and run selected projects together with major industrial players.
DigitalNorway is an ideal, non-profit corporation with 15 leading Norwegian companies as owners, and with government bodies/public users as strategic members. We have been successful in building a portfolio of innovation projects through funding from the EU program Horizon 2020 and are now looking to strengthen our EU team with an innovation project manager.