Digital Innovation Hub
DigitalNorway is one of five fully operational Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) in Norway. Our far-reaching network provides great opportunities for SMEs, and allows us stay on top of the latest trends and developments within digital innovation.
Digital Innovation Hub at a glance
Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) are one-stop-shops that help companies to become more competitive with regards to their business or production processes, products or services using digital technologies. The main target group is small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
The common goal of all of the DIHs across Europe is to connect companies to relevant areas of expertise in order to enhance competitiveness and innovation across Europe.
In our capacity as a DIH we provide national and international networks, skills enhancement, innovation ecosystems and other resources – not least access to EU funding. As a DIH we find our strength through multi-partner cooperation. We closely collaborate with research technology organisations (RTOs), academia, industry associations, large companies, incubators, accelerators, regional development agencies and even governments across sector. This cooperation lays the foundation for obtaining best practices and providing access to the latest knowledge about technology and innovation -all to the benefit of SMEs.
Our networks allow us to stay on top of the latest trends, discoveries and developments, which we are then able to share and redistribute. A large part of our operation is to raise awareness through relevant news, events and opportunities, support directly or indirectly with piloting, testing and experimenting with digital innovations, in addition to provide business and financing support to implement innovations.
Cross-collaboration key to increase awareness and knowledge
Since 2019 DigitalNorway has been a part of three different EU projects, two Horizon 2020 (TRINITY & DIGI-B-CUBE) projects and one Interreg project (INNOCAPE).
Projects and focus areas
As a Digital Innovation Hub DigitalNorway works with and for SMEs on different levels both nationally and internationally. Examples on projects and focus areas:
- Through our EU-projects (TRINITY, DIGI-B-CUBE and InnoCAPE), we have assisted more than 140 companies in terms of awareness, coaching, helping with open calls, and maturity assessment for the different projects we are involved in.
- More than 200 SMEs have attended our workshop-based programme for greater competitive strength, an initiative supported by Innovation Norway.
- Assigned as secretariat for Digital21 by the Government. Digital21 is Norway’s national strategy for digitalising the Norwegian business sector, and consists of more than 60 strategic advices and acts as a framework for how the Government should contribute in aiding companies in implementing new technology.
- We serve as an independent arena for select collaborative projects:
- DIGIN is a joint initiative for digitalising the energy sector
- Datalink concentrates on data sharing on the Norwegian continental shelf
- Lifelong learning is another of our major focus areas; we are currently involved in developing seven different upskill and reskill programmes in cooperation with different actors from academia, as well as developing course material both independently and together with select partners.